The marriage between Traditional Chinese Medicine and Reproductive Medicine is a fruitful one. Over the past decade, many studies have been conducted showing the benefits of utilizing Chinese Medicine in conjunction with Reproductive Medicine to increase the effectiveness of treatment and likelihood of successful pregnancies.
Whether you are just getting started in your fertility journey, or are already working with a fertility specialist, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can increase your likelihood of conception and full-term pregnancy.
Michigan Associates of Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine board-certified acupuncturists Julie Silver, MSW, Dipl. Ac., Monica Mae Leibson, Dipl. Ac., and Julie Shindler-Cohen, MSTOM, Dipl. Ac., Dipl. C.H. have advanced training with world-renowned fertility specialists. This specialized training, with an emphasis on combining acupuncture with assisted reproductive technology, make our team the leading Traditional Chinese Medicine fertility experts in metropolitan Detroit.
How Does Traditional Chinese Medicine and Infertility Work?
At Michigan Associates of Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine, we use Traditional Chinese Medicine to improve overall health and reproductive health. It is our goal to work with you to bring your body to a state of wellness. To do that, we must identify the root cause of the imbalance.
- We look at signs and symptoms of daily functions: how is your body operating, how is your digestion, menstruation, sleep, energy?
- We review your reproductive history. This includes blood tests, medical office procedures (HCG, Laparoscopic surgeries), sperm analysis and BBT.
- We observe facial complexion, body posture
- We take your pulse and look at your tongue
- We review your lifestyle and assess your diet and exercise
- We talk about emotions and causes of stress
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help with:
- Idiopathic Infertility
- High FSH
- Luteal Phase Defect
- Poor Egg Quality and Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Thin Endometrium
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Estrogen Dominance
- Polycysitic Ovarian Syndrome
- Miscarriage and Threatened Miscarriage
- Sperm – Motility, Morphology and Motility
- Acupuncture Improves Rates of Pregnancy and Live Births in Women Undergoing In Vitro Fertilization
- Substitution of Acupuncture for HCG in Ovulation Induction
- Reduction of Blood Flow Impedance in the Uterine Arteries of Infertile Women with Electro
- Influence with Acupuncture on Pregnancy Rates
- ACUPUNCTURE-Hypo Pituitary Axis
- Acupuncture Treatment For Infertile Women Undergoing Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection