Karen Propis Siegel (aka: Queen of Quick Cooking) and fellow acupuncturist in our practice created this amazing recipe for the perfect summer salad.
Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, Vitamin A, B Vitamins, Vitamin K and potassium. In TCM they help improve digestion and strengthen qi (life force energy).
Apples are a great source of Vitamin C, antioxidants and fiber! In TCM they have a cooling effect on the body’s energy that helps balance out the external heat of the summer.
What you will need:
- 3 cups grated raw carrots
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Orange juice or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Light mayonnaise
What do to with it:
- Cut up apples into small pieces and cover with orange or lemon juice to prevent browing
- Toss carrots, apples, raisins and nuts together
- Moisten with mayonnaise to taste
- chill before serving
This recipe serves 6
To follow the Queen of Quick Cooking for many healthy and enjoyable recipes: