I scoured the internet for a low sugar sweet potato bread recipe with no flour – and this one is a keeper!
My daughter and I made it – It is easy because it is all mixed in the food processor and goes straight to the bread pan!
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, sweet potato supports the digestive system by moistening, being easy to digest, and has a neutral temperature. You might benefit from this if you have constipation (often a sign of dryness), low energy, and muscle weakness. It nourishes the internal organs that nourish the tendons and joints! As a result, it can also help to keep us mobile. Be sure not to eat too much as sweet potato can cause bloating. One slice per day is the perfect amount to receive the medicinal benefit and not overdo it. Warming it is another way to support the digestive process. Eating cold carbohydrates can lead to bloating or gassiness, a side effect of not properly assimilating the nutrients.
Recipe from ~
Kaylies’s Healthy Recipes
Grain Free Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 large Sweet Potato or 2 small/medium ones, about 450 grams
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar (we left this out!)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (we upped this to 1/2 cup since we left out coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mince 1 large sweet potato or 2 small ones in a food processor until rice consistency.
- Add rest of ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Bake in a parchment lined standard bread pan (4 1/2″ by 8 1/2″) for about 90 minutes until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.